East Prairie R-II School District New Preschool/Kindergarten Facility
East Prairie School once stood as a small schoolhouse with less than 100 children in the area. They now serve over 550 students enrolled in grades preK-8.The scope of work for Phase I of the project was to demolish the abandoned Webb High School. A grant was pursued with the State to assist with the demolition in partnership with the City. This created the area for the 5th /6th grade to be constructed.
Chiodini Architects constructed a new Pre-School through Kindergarten classes at Martin Elementary campus.
– 8 classrooms, 1 transition classroom
– One special education classroom, smaller footprint than balance of classrooms
– Office space for Administrators with Teacher work/ break room
– Open Common space for eating and indoor play including a Servery area
– Secure outdoor space for children