This “virtual exploration” not only provides scientists new ways to understand data, but allows the next generation to better understand the universe. Although it focuses on planetary science, the Fossett Laboratory also supports science and education in earth science and, in the future, other science and educational efforts from other parts of the Washington University community.
The Fossett Laboratory for Virtual Planetary Exploration allows scientists and students at Washington University’s Department of Earth and Planetary Science, to use the wide range of data from these spacecraft to explore and understand remote places.
• (8) High-Definition Video Projectors
• Stereo Video Glasses
• Surround screens – three walls and floors
• Mars Rover information downloaded
• Three-dimensional video model rendering
• Facilities are also used for 3-D virtual medical cadaver studies & industrial mechanical design prototype development